Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Treo 750v

Today was a day like every other. Work related deadlines, reports to sort out etc. Couple of phone queries here and there. Nothing out of the ordinary. Until.............

Remember my last post when I was talking about two of my mates having ordered their Treo 750v's, (which is due to arrive tomorrow from Singapore), well... there was a discussion amongst us today. The major part of which, revolved around the infamous debate of Windows Mobile (WM) OS vs (the ageing) Palm OS. Being an ardent fan of Palm for a while now, and one of the many remaining "loyalists" around, I was intent on sticking my ground and defending the causes of what the mighty Palm OS could do against the dark (WM) side. Let's just say that my defence was slowly crumbling to the ground, with no light-saber juice left in my arsenal against the onslaught of WM laser beams that some of my mates were shooting. At the end of the discussions, and subsequent numerous emails that followed.... the war was slowly starting to diffuse..... with the winner very obvious.....

Windows Mobile 5. The dark side.

Yup, you heard me. Like traitors, there was no longer any argument that could substantially hold against what WM could do to our lives. We were hit. And left wanting....

Wanting.... the new Treo 750v. The same 750v I mentioned yesterday.... the same 750v I blogged on 06Oct06. And how humiliating / timely (same difference) that it was also TODAY, that the 750v became LOCALLY and officially available at a major telcom supplier!

Beaten, together with the hand that held the sword, the treo godfather himself, I dragged my palm-storm-trooper feet to the showroom where the champion beheld. The Treo 750v. And boy were we blown away! The size, the lack of antenna, the unfamiliar-yet-supposedly-stable OS (to me anyway), it was enough.

The move, to the dark side, was complete.

Ok, enough of gasbagging about treo in every blog. You get the picture. I love Treos. I will own one soon. If you haven't tried one, get out there and make one of the best financial decisions of your life, Get a Treo. On mytreo.net, I read a news header that caught my eye. "Vancouver Sun: 1 in 10 would rather lose their mother in law than their Treo". Now THAT, says it all.

Moving on, I have to add this. I was watching TV earlier on this evening, and an interesting advert came on. It started with this guy who saw a reflection of this girl in the mirror. But when he actually tried seeing the "real" girl, she wasn't there. It was only inside the mirror she existed. What followed then, was a chase between them with a whole kaleidoscope effect of them running here and there. Then the product came on, the Motorola KRZR. I was like, WHAT GIVES!? All that running and kaleidoscoping, the ad's about a phone?! Moto had cool ads with the RAZR, but this one, it takes the cake.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of (any) Motorola. They just don't work in my books.

No comments: