Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Coffee & Tea

Don't you just love public holidays? Wake up late, not have to jump into the rat race, no need to think about work... Just a day (or two in our case) to spend time with the family and also in my case, to contemplate on the move to the dark side. I KNOW I said the move was complete yesterday. Hey, I still got time! Switching allegiances ain't easy ya know!

Incidentally, a couple of hours ago, I just returned from what I call, the Fellowship of the (treo) ring. (I know, I'm gasbagging about treo again) My two mates, TrueBlue and Treo-godfather (decided give my mates names in these blogs since i refer to them most of the time) had just received their new treos from Singapore and decided to meet up at a cafe. Needless to say, the curiosity got the better of me and I decided to join them. In the end, there were five of us at the table, all current or ex-treo owners together at one time. (Me, TrueBlue, Treo-godfather, Fumikane and Frogster) We had enough of seeing it on the computer screen, enough of reading reviews online from users around the globe, enough of wondering how it would feel like in our hands. We knew we had to see it for ourselves. At the expense of the two new owners of course. (Thanks guys!). The feel was great. Slimmer than the 650, more solidly built, and there is was, the Windows Mobile OS.

In the end, Frogster and Fumikane left undecided and not thoroughly convinced. For me however, I left still thinking about the move to the dark side.

You have to understand, we are all Palm OS users and we've all tried and tested what the Palm OS can do. Sure it had its hiccups and occasional resets here and there, but we regrouped, we adjusted, almost just... lived with it. Now, here we are, presented with the same loveable treo form factor, but a different OS inside..... it was.... totally unreal.

Ok let's take coffee and tea as an example. I've been a coffee-a-holic for many years now, then one day I received an email article about some research done which proves that drinking tea, is healthier. (I'm trying to be health conscious). So, I decided from that day on, I'd switch to tea. It was hard at first, but after a while, I got used to it. I drank tea in various flavours, tried it in many ways... and now, I love it. (Especially green tea, but hey, that's another story). Sometimes though, I do have cravings for coffee, but I always remind myself to stick to the guns, I'm a tea guy now.

That's my point exactly.

I'm used to Palm. I know and heard that Windows is better (supposedly), but I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it gives me the same "high" as Palm would, and maybe better, who knows.... so now, the only thing stopping me is.... the act of literally going to the shops to buy one. (Hey, public holidays are here remember?)

I still have time.....

ANYWAYS, later on this week, I will be introducing to you the Treo-godfather himself, who will be guest-blogging on this blog about his personal review of the new Treo 750v. Take it from me, this guy knows what he's talking about. He started out with various ancient day Palms and HP IPaq PDA's in the early years, then when the Treo 600 was released, he was probably the first one in the country who bought it. After that, the Treo 650 came along (with that, a whole treo community grew, from his influence), then a Dopod 838 (back to WM) and now, the Treo 750v. It will be a good post I promise you.

So, stay tuned.... and meanwhile.... I'm back to thinking. I'd better get myself a drink.

A cup of Tea.

3 comments:

fumikane said...

bro, you don't have to justify to the entire world why you're gonna be gettin' the new Treo with Windows. Just get it! Wouldn't be the first time! muahahaha..hey, what's the worst that could happen?! Don't like it down the road? Sell it off. That's your for'te brada.

Anonymous said...

Yuo have issues with phones. The treo is the same as the Blackberry here in Canada. You are crazy about phones, aren't you?

d3xlabs said...

hey, some people are crazy about handbags, some shoes... me, simply phones. ^_^