Saturday, October 28, 2006

Goodbye Palm, Hello Windows!

I'm excited. A couple of days ago, it was all talk of the Treo 750v. All the contemplations, all the what-if's, all the "feeling" of the unit in hand.... and now, the move to the dark side is complete.

Behold, I am now a proud owner of the Palm Treo 750v. And... I have no regrets. Windows Mobile 5, where have you been all my life?

Not without drama though. I ordered a unit from a local retailer a couple of days ago, but there was one big problem, they did not have any stock! And to make things worse, they could not confirm with me when the new stock would arrive. All I could do was wait. When something that you've been waiting for all year long as finally arrived, then you're told you can't get it yet, and there's no time period to wait before getting it, it was a little frustrating to say the least. (So what did I do? I went to another store that had 2 units left! *whew*)

Sure I waited this long for it, and sure its now running a different operating system than what I originally expected, but hey, a Treo it still is.

I've already filled it up with all my daily essentials to keep me prepared to face each day and its challenges. My PIM softwares, some personal programs, some games, Verichat for IM, some themes, a 1Gb mini-SD card.... yup, I'm good to go. I'm not gonna talk anymore about the features of the 750v, as my buddy the treo-godfather will soon be posting his review on this. So, keep checking for updates.

On a related note though, one of me mates JUST commented that he'll ask me again how the 750v is after 4 weeks time. Where's the faith?? Yes, yes, I know, I have alot to prove.... I think this one will silence the critics, you'll see.

So anyways, yesterday while at the store waiting for the sales assistant to bring out the 750v I was buying, I couldn't help but take notice of the other customers who were there. There were 3 which I remember clearly.
The first customer, a middle-aged guy, was testing out the new SE z610. He seemed pretty keen on getting it, messing around with the ringtones and general feel of it. I was thinking, "Dude! That's a girly phone man!". It does look nice though, you gotta admit.
The second customer, a lady who came in with her Nokia n70, looking to buy a higher capacity memory card for her unit. I was shocked! This store I was in is notorious for CRAZY WHACKED out prices for their memory cards! I wanted so much to shout at her suggesting she visit a shop a good buddy owns nearby, TTCO Enterprise. (People, if you're ever looking for quality products, with quality after sales service, you gotta try this place) Well, I couldn't very well say anything to a total stranger now could I?
The third customer, a guy, came in asking to buy a new Nokia N70. I was thinking, "wow, popular model these days". Unfortunately for him, the store had no stock. Then he asked for a new Nokia 6680. There I was, having this strong urge to ask him (hey, he was standing next to me) if he wanted a 2nd hand unit that I have in my possession. OR even, to visit QQ Store (see my links) as they'd probably have stock for a new N70. BUT, again, I had to control my urges and just zip it.

Good thing though, because by then, my 750v came and all my attention was diverted away from these unknowing customers. Made me think though, one day... I must own my own shop. Then customers like these, will be happier.

But, don't you just hate it though when you see customers in a mobile shop, asking for advice on certain models/brands they want to purchase, then there you see young punks or pop girly sales assistants attending to them only caring about making their commissions and giving customers crap advice?

You don't? Well, to me, I sure hate it.

No comments: