As I mentioned in yesterday's post about the N81, I had some free time in the morning and dropped by Incomm, Gadong to "check out" the Nokia N81. The few reviews I've read about it were pretty spot on:
- The N81 felt quite nice to hold,
- The games included were C-O-O-L. Touted as a device following the N-Gage's heart, gamers out there wouldn't be disappointed with the N81.
- The touchpad-looking keypad definitely was a fingerprint magnet.
- The quality of music was clear and SUPER loud. It scared a couple of the sales staff when I played some tunes. I imagined how easily it would wake you in the morning if you set it as a daily alarm. Impressive.
- The navi wheel D pad was interesting to use.
While I was there though, I spotted a mobile that caught my eye. I asked the friendly staff there what model that was; it was the Nokia 5310 XpressMusic.
This must have quietly creeped on shores too. There really hasn't been that much hype about this model but one thing's for sure, it was REALLY nice to hold. The size blew me away, especially hot off the release of the Nokia 6500 Classic! Made me feel like I want one too!
- Slim (!)
- Comes in either blue or red.
- Has a 2" 240 x 320 pixel display running on S40 OS.
- A 2 mp camera
- MicroSD card compatibility.
- Bluetooth, radio...
- And of course, being an XpressMusic device, the dedicated media buttons are easily accessible on the front. Definitely an improvement from the older XpressMusic models.
Check it out!