Sunday, October 22, 2006

Frodo

Why Frodo you ask? A buddy of mine commented the other day, I'm Frodo. Puzzled me at first, but he reminded me of my recent post with regards to a certain "PRECIOUS" I once owned. Ahhhh.... I see. If I do start having a weird gleam in my eye, salivating when I talk about phones and eating raw fish... please, someone... hit me.

The reactions I have received the past couple of days have been nothing short of expected. Most of them have been, "What?! You sold your.....". Sure I miss it, but in this line of business, you gotta be tough. No emotions, no loyalties. "What 8800?"...

I must say though, it has been a while since I've been intrigued by a phone that's held my interest longer than... a month? The Treo 650 was that magic phone for me. I'm hoping the new Treo 680 will do the same.

Ah well, back to the waiting game AND using a huge Nokia 9500 for the time being. What a weapon.

Anyways, incidentally, at work yesterday, one of the managers said to me on my way to a meeting on his floor, "What phone are you using now?" I yanked out the 9500 from my pocket to his surprise and laughter. (He uses one too) He then asked, "Have you used the p990i yet? I'm thinking about getting it". He had been using his nokia 9500 for the past 2 years (almost) and had been itching for a change. I told him, basically, the SE p990i sucks big time (sorry Sony Ericsson! Your fault really) and that I've already heard of so many complaints about it, and of people selling it off too because of the laggy OS interface. Sad but true. So anyways, I told him, since he is familiar with the Nokia symbian OS, wants / needs a keyboard AND would like the office email to sync with his device, then the Nokia e61 would be the best Nokia device currently which will suits his needs. He was even more pleased when he heard the price of a new one now. ($628 only from QQSTORE). I emailed him all the good reviews from My-symbian.com and allaboutsymbian.com, AND even found him a 2nd hand unit that I heard about recently too. Now, the ball is in his court.

(Of course I'd still recommend a Treo anyday..... )

Speaking of Treos, a couple of mates decided yesterday to purchase the new Treo 750v, the Windows mobile version of the Treo. It will be arriving in a few days time from Singapore. I told em, they'd definitely be the first in the country to own it for sure, since its not locally / officially launched here yet. All that talk about it with them, it made me very curious now about how the "feel" of it will be. I'll try post my first impressions of it next week.

But Windows on a Treo? That's like.... like.... Windows on an iMac. Something's weird about this picture isn't it? We'll see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dearest ko....changed again eh? Treo againnn! Hehe...

thinking of you.

loves.

fumikane said...

One Treo to rule them all, One Treo to find them,
One Treo to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

d3xlabs said...

Now we're talkin!
Come... come to the dark side...