Saturday, September 16, 2006

More on the Past... and its reputations.

Another day gone. I just realised! I have yet to reveal my next target. More on that later. I promise it to be interesting.

Aside from trying all these phones over these years, another joy I have is helping friends out here and there with selling their phones, or helping them with advice on what phone to get next etc. Its strange but I get a real satisfaction from seeing them happy. Maybe its because I feel happy when I get a new toy, so I imagine them having that same feeling.

Looking back, its just hit me, all this has lead to one thing.

Building a reputation.

Having a relationship with people. Through all these "helping out's", I've made SO MANY friends and somehow even, without realising, even established networks with people from various mobile phone companies, who I now call my friends. Over the years, there are now only two businesses that I truly truly support because of their integrity, business sense and most of all, SERVICE. (C'mon, we ALL know SERVICE makes the difference in buying a product. Would you buy from a helpful and friendly salesperson or one that doesn't seem to give any crap about you? I rest my case)

(Please check them out. Their links are on my blog. No one can offer you a better price and service than these two can. Please note, I don't earn anything from them nor do I have any affiliations with their businesses. Just trust me and take my word for it.)

SO, since I can't start my own business (yet), I guess this is what I have to settle with for now.
Referrals to my friends' businesses, or continuing in my dabbling with the 2nd hand phone market.

To this day, this is still my own lil'service which I am so gladly willing to offer anyone. Have a phone for sale? I will try my best to find you a buyer. Want a new phone? Let me hook you up.

"See the need, fill the need"

Thats my search-tag line. Somewhere out there, there's someone who wants a phone.

To end, I want to share a story of something someone said, which has touched me.
Recently, I found for a friend, a GOOD conditioned Nokia 6230i which he had been hunting for since ..... forever. I knew it was a good deal after testing it out myself, so upon showing him the phone, it was an instant sale, on behalf of another friend.
A while later, he says to a friend... in front of me... "you knw, normally when I see 2nd hand Nokias for sale, I am doubtful about its condition and hardware cos of all the fakes and imitation accessories you can find nowadays, but cos its d3xlabs who got this 6230i for me, I know I can trust him thats why I bought it"

Now that my friend.... is reputation.








1 comment:

Delwin Keasberry said...

Ko, interesting reading your blog...in fact, interesting reading what you write! I can't remember when i have ever had the opportunity to just read / hear what you really think, what makes you tick, how you tick, etc.

Keep it comin'

love ya,
del