Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'm not weird, just eccentric...

Many nights ago, I was just reading through some of my daily blog reads, minding my own business, dwelling in my anonymity when SUDDENLY, I came across a tag from Blackdiamonds!

D-OH!


As you can see, my likeness says it all...

The rules are:
"Those who get tagged must post 6 weird things about themselves in their blog and state the rules clearly. At the end of the post, you must choose 6 other people to tag"
Ok, before I begin, I'd like to stress, I'm not weird ok? "Eccentric" is a better word.
Here they are, not in any running order or rank, just random eccentric-ness.

  1. I liken my bedroom as my sanctuary, my abode of rest if you like. What that means is that any insect, spider or lizard that catches my eye right before I wander into la-la land, will die a horrible death. I would switch on all the lights, hunt em'critters down, armed with my weapon of choice (newspaper, broken golf club and/or baseball bat) and roam around the room until I catch em, even if it takes me an hour. Then its insect/spider hell for em. Lizards on the other hand, I'd show SOME mercy (since they are totally disgusting to squish), I'd coax em out of my balcony door with my broken golf club. If they refuse to cooperate, I'll give them a heart attack, then just lift them with my newspaper and throw em off the balcony into the night abyss.
  2. Incidentally, I also hate cats. With a vengeance. This all began many years ago, while I was sitting on a bench chatting with my girlfriend, then her cat suddenly walks behind us, and suddenly, my whole back shirt was drenched! The $%!@# cat pissed on me! Since then, I have totally hated those wretched creatures, to the death. *I won't expand too much on examples of what I've done, out of respect for cat lovers out there reading this*.
  3. Like most people in Brunei, reading the local Borneo Bulletin is part of my daily routine. Unlike most people though, for me, I HAVE to be the first person to read the Bulletin, whether I'm at home, or at the office. I absolutely love to read new CRISP and un-creased pages. If someone else has read it before me, I won't even bother reading it.
  4. In my car, while driving, I have a habit of checking my handbrake, headlight switch and power window controls. Handbrakes, obviously they'd be on release otherwise the car wouldn't move. I'd still check it. Many times. Even if the car is stationary or in motion. In the daytime, I'll check the headlight / power window controls to make sure they're OFF and all closed, respectively. At night, I'll check to make sure the headlights are ON. And of course, windows closed. Don't ask me why I do it, I just do. (Applies to being at home too. I follow a routine of checking all doors/windows/switches before I sleep. Like the door lock, I'd check it triple/quadriple times before I'm satisfied and head off to bed)(Unless No.1 above applies)
  5. When I wash up in the morning and at night, I have a preference for my sink's "surrounding area" to be dry and not have water splashed everywhere. Drives me up the wall, it really does. Doesn't help when others in my household do not practice my preference. *HMPH*
  6. And last but definitely not the least, being a mobile blog, there's GOTTA be something weird/eccentric about my passion for mobile phones right? (If you read my earliest posts, you would understand. Just last year alone, I changed about 7 phones in the space of 8 months. Hence why, my goal this year is keep my Treo 680 for a year. I've never been able to hold on to one for that long though. So far so good). I just love the feeling of using a new phone, learning ALL there is to know about the phone (shoving it with ringtones, wallpapers, themes, profiles etc) ... until it bores me..... or if i ever (rarely) drop it (*GASP*), (then I'll lose all interest in it). Call me eccentric, but hey, that's d3xlabs.
Now, to pass on this tag/curse to others.... Nonnie, Jadesimian, Burt, LSM and t3chwh0re.
Um, Blackdiamonds... what happens if its not 6 people? Do I get a discount on that curse? Its not my fault ok, most have already been tagged!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha dude. eccentric it is. not a weird one. hmm thanks for the tagged. nanti ku buat.