Thursday, March 22, 2007

Back to reality

Its been a good break. Three days away in Singapore. Take away the travelling time, and I was left with one and a half days worth of free time and shopping. Boy was it madness. I've got a super tired-out body to prove it. And a massage receipt from Pearl Health to match too.

When I left for this trip, I decided that I would try make my blog interesting by posting photos of myself (as a mobile i.e. my Treo!) wherever I went in Singapore, akin to a photoblog story. So, here I began, quite pleased with myself, my first photo taken of my(treo)self in the arrival hall at Changi International Airport. Living proof I did venture out of Brunei. (Disclaimer: all photos taken with camera phones. No digicam's used in this production. Mobile blogs only use mobile cameras remember?)


My second photo. In my previous post, I mentioned I'd be meeting up with my good mate from Singapore, from Hollermobile. We went to this (awesome) place called Brewerks, a German owned "micro-brewery" that just so happens to be a restaurant too. And boy what a restaurant it was! I ordered a rib steak and I think that was the best (ever) tasting steak in my life! I'm not kidding. (But since this isn't a food blog, so I won't dwell too much on this). And of course, as drinks, we had none other than the in-house brewed selections! This photo shows the menu (in black) with what Brewerks calls, a "Sample set". Basically, its a double shot glass worth of every brew variety! Definitely a first for me. To sample about 8 types in one sitting! NICE. (BUT, as this isn't a drink blog, I won't dwell too much on this either!) Needless to say though, we did order a more "manly" volume of the in-house favourite after that. (Manly = 1 jug)

I definitely left the restaurant, after a great time catching up about all things mobile of course, in full gratitude to my mate for this recommendation, and I resolved to make sure that I would visit Brewerks every time I set foot in Singapore.


Right, you may notice that in this second photo, my Treo is somewhat missing. (Yes I was still fully conscious). Ok I'll admit it, I totally forgot to take a snap with my Treo in it! But then again, this photo was taken WITH my Treo, so it would have been impossible anyway.

What I've also failed to mention, is that this was the last photo I took from the whole trip! I had also totally forgot to snap pics of my(treo)self wherever I went!! Geez, I totally suck as a photo blogger!!! In my defence though, it was a very rush trip, I just didn't have the time to even stop to take any photos! But then again, I suppose looking in hindsight, I would've looked rather weird anyway. Imagine stopping along Orchard Road, holding my Treo up in the air, and snapping a photo against backgrounds / malls such as Far East Plaza, Paragon, Takashimaya and the likes. That would SURELY draw many looks from everyone else.

So in the end, all I came back with were more clothes and absolutely nothing mobile related (for myself that is) (unless you consider a pen stylus for Treo 680 a worthy purchase). I did however, bring back a new Treo 680 for a friend, and a Sony Ericsson k610i for my cousin, which I asked my good mate to source for me from there. So all is not lost.

But its just hardened my resolve that I'm absolutely not a photo blogger like many of the excellent local bloggers that we have here. C'mon, my passion's mobiles, not taking photos. But at least I tried right?

Anyway, back to reality now. Just a quick note: 3 potential mobiles for sale.
  • Nokia 9500
  • Nokia 6600
  • Nokia 6630
More details tomorrow!

2 comments:

anakbrunei said...

Oooooo I LOVE brewerkz! The dark ale is absolutely gorgeous!

d3xlabs said...

3 cheers to that 50mm sniper!