Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cheesed!

Its now official, the time of my life I've been dreading this past few months. I'm now a year older. Usually, every year, I spend a few moments on my own reflecting on the year that has passed. My achievements, failures and their lessons learnt, milestones... and memories. This year, however, one of my reflections included, *surprise, surprise* how many phones I've switched to since I last sold my Treo 650 (for the 3rd time) about a year ago.

Let's just say I gave up trying... I seriously can't remember. Ah well, sign of aging I will attribute it to. You understand right?

Anyway, for dinner last night, I went to a relatively posh restaurant known for their good food and good atmosphere. It was fairly packed, as expected. I mean, to have dinner there meant early preparations in making reservations at least the day before. The night went well, the Chardonnay was good, the food was good, the company greater. Towards the end of the night, suddenly, I hear this ringtone from a Sony Ericsson phone. (Hey, SE tones are easily recognisable). A bit loud I thought to myself. Turned around and saw it was this dude sitting 2 tables behind me. His mates had probably gone out to the washroom or out for a smoke, leaving him alone. So, what did he decide to do? He decided to make himself at home and go through his whole list of ringtones in his Sony Ericsson, wondering which one he should use!!! That twat.

I don't know if its a sign of age or what, but one thing I cannot tolerate is people around me playing with their ringtones OR answering their calls in either a nice restaurant or at the cinema. To make it worse, these type of people usually talk louder too for some reason. Can't they do it in private or maybe somewhere else where there are no people around to irritate?

So I sat there, getting cheesed at each ringtone he was going through in his list. At that point, others around him had also began giving him looks, which he probably got the hint from... and stopped. Good thing too, otherwise I'd have flung my empty bottle of Chardonnay at him.

Ok, maybe not, I'm not that violent by nature. I didn't drink that much maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi d3x

First of all, Happy Birthday! Glad that you had great company that evening.

I totally agree with you that checking out the ringtones should be done in the privacy of your own home, etc. (no no to toilet cubicle as well).

I also see that you have your 'baby' Treo 680. Love to see your review soon. I will be back in Singapore on Thursday (as you know I now live in Sri Lanka). I have been living without a Treo for over 3 months, not an easy thing but I will get my baby on Thursday too. Can't wait.

Take care