Monday, November 13, 2006

Vaja iVolution for Treo 750v

Here it is! My new Vaja iVolution Treo 750v case. FINALLY.

After tracking it online on a daily basis, then pestering the FedEx folks on the local end here today, I finally have it in my hands. Its beautiful. I'm glad I played safe and settled with the Black colour, rather than go for the other fancy customizeable colours out there like Lemon, or Sky Light. Black's just perfect for the V. Makes it look ultra professional. Here are some pics.

I gotta admit though, my pictures just don't do the case any justice. (It looks way better in real life. Take my word for it). I also decided against taking photos of the box it came in. (Hey, its just a pure white box with Vaja symbols. You wouldn't see much from a photo of a white box honestly)

A quick review:
Taking it out of the box, almost instinctly, I just had to take a whiff of that new Argentinian leather smell. AHHHHHH...... It was so reminiscent of my old Treo 650 iVolution and my (current) wallet when they first came too. There's just something about new leather isn't there? (Maybe its just me.)

Holding it in hand, the first thing I noticed is the cool Vaja symbol on the top right hand corner. Simple and elegant. The iVo feels very sturdy and solid on its own. "Semi-rigid frame" a little instruction paper says in the box. I totally agree.

The inside of the iVo was lined with a nice soft leathery material with the word "Vaja" strewn all across. Classy. Coupled with the soft touch of the 750v's body, it should prove quite difficult to even budge a centimetre from its holdings. So no complaints here.

Almost immediately, I slid in my 750v into its new case. It was a perfect and tight fit. It really complemented the V very well, not adding too much bulk to the original shape with all buttons within reach.

The "Ringer on/off" toggle at the top is exposed but does not stick out at all. The side volume buttons are easily within reach too.

At the back, with the camera behind, it just seemed to peer quietly through the cutout from the back of the iVo, contented with its new protected state maybe. However, the tiny mirror above the camera for self-portraits is totally blocked now by the iVo. Perhaps, the designers felt 750v users wouldn't bother with that feature anyway. They're probably right.

As for the speakers (front and back), both were covered by a chrome mesh, not obstructing any sounds at all. I made a few calls with the iVo on. There were no problems hearing the other person speak. In fact, it almost felt more "comfortable" with the iVo on my ear, like an added cushion.

For me though, the best part is that the iVo does not interfere with the keyboard functions of the 750v at all. Unlike the previous iVo for Treo 650, where the sides tended to stick out making it difficult to press letters at the side, this iVo does not restrict in that way at all. Excellent.

Overall, holding and looking at the iVo in my hand, I can really tell that I'm holding a total quality premium product. I would, without a doubt, recommend for anyone to invest in Vaja's for their smartphones (or even wallets) if they don't mind spending a little bit.

I hope this review helps.

No comments: