Sunday, October 01, 2006

The art of talking

I've been quiet lately. Life has been testing the past week. Few things going on, mostly with disappointments.... took the air out of me to even think about phones.... must be serious huh?

Well, the show must go on, as they say....

The past couple of days have been buzzing, nevertheless. Let's see: -
Friday - Tried sorting out a buddy's LG Chocolate (for the sensitive types, in my opinion) for MMS settings, to no avail. LG's are not like Nokias or SE's, where you can download settings from their sites. Well, I wouldn't ever own one.
Saturday - A sale for an O2 Xda IIs I was pushing for a week ago, not falling through (nuts!). Then a request to source for a new orange Motorola v3x (orange???? They do that??!) (Apparently so... check it out. Hmmmm...)

Today
- another offer for my 8800 Titanium (I'm still standing firm... keyword "still"). And also some treo support for a friend.

Anyways, I'd like to briefly comment on the quality of the 8800's camera. 0.5 megapixel. Probably the ONLY phone with that spec in the world today. Seriously. (Try looking it up if you don't believe me). Whilst I ain't gonna comment on the greatness of it (c'mon, its 0.5mp! Want proper pics? Use a digicam), I'm including a photo I took just earlier today. In the early evening.

Yup, horses! I'm no expert on whiteness, color clarity or stuff like that.... but I will admit, the photo's not exactly print quality. But at LEAST you can tell they're horses. If anything, I just use the photos taken for MMS's.

These days, I use my MMS features quite extensively. A good buddy discovered that texting through MMS's are the best way to send large volumes of text (along with an image/sound of your choice of course) since it is charged as just one MMS. Makes sense. Since then, I've been sending MMS's instead of normal SMS's, to the right category of people of course.

With this, I conclude with another add-on to my previous post on "which category of phone user are you". For texters, there are only 2 categories of users. Very simple and easy to identify them: -
1. Addicts - These are the types who text on a daily basis, most of the time filling "whole daily journals" in their SMSs/MMSs, making sure they fill up every letter possible, not wasting any of the sms capacities. They are also the ones you can definitely rely on to read your SMS and reply almost instantly, if not within an hour. However, the art of actual talking seems lost with this category.
2. Quickies - These are the types who just reply "Ok" to anything you send to them. They are also the ones who sometimes take forever to reply your SMSs/MMSs. Sometimes, you're not even sure if they READ your SMS in the first place. But in their defence, they're also the most likely to ACTUALLY call you to reply. So, they're not all bad afterall...

For me, I'm definitely an Addict, evidenced with 95% of my monthly bill comprising of SMS/MMS costs. Talking is something I can / will do, but only if I really must.... c'mon, its WAY more fun to text!

So, which one are you? And why?

1 comment:

Chester said...

Oh, I'm definitely an addict, though I'm more of a reply-er. I used to sms people just for fun and ask how they're doing. I still do that from time to time, but not as often. I type out everything word for word and hate abbreviations, save for the basic universals like "ppl" or "u". I always try to fill up every character in one sms. If it goes over the limit, then I abbreviate and summarize where possible, since I have a certain aversion to concatenated messages. But if I really have something to express, I usually then allow myself to go into two messages.

And you're right, I'm not a caller. Unless I really have to.