Thursday, September 28, 2006

Blah blah blah

I was just checking my emails, about to head off to la-la-land, when I received TWO updates from Nokia Asia Pacific (I've been subscribing to them for a long time now surprise surprise). Normally I just browse through the new releases thinking, big deal... another rollout by nokia, "same innies, different outies", that's my opinion about their releases of late.

Blah, blah, blah...
introducing a new trio of Nokia phones, Nokia 5300 XpressMusic (Looks like a SE w850 oddly), Nokia 3250 XpressMusic and Nokia 6233 Music Edition. Then, in another email... the Nokia N95.

I thought to myself,
what now Nokia? What else can you do to your line? The 5300 looks strange yet simplistic, the 3250 and 6233 new editions are exactly like their "old" ones, just with an "XpressMusic" badge thrown in. Nothing to shout about really. SE still beats them in terms of music capabilities.

Then I read the "feature pitch" for Nokia N95....

"It's GPS. It's a photo studio. It's a mobile disco. It's the world wide web. It's anything you want it to be. Explore the internet with 3.5G ease. Navigate the world with interactive maps and purchasable local city guides. Download your favorite music tracks. And capture it all with 5 megapixel clarity and Carl Zeiss optics. Experience the true power of multimedia computing with the Nokia N95 multimedia computer."

My goodness! They've finally done it! A 5 megapixel camera! Sure it looks identical to a Nokia N80, but apparently, it slides both ways, one revealing the multimedia keys, the other, the normal numerical keys. Trust Nokia to come up with these funky ideas.

Ahhh, but knowing them, it'll probably take forever to be released. By then, SE would have beaten them with a killer competitor. But, I could be wrong
.

In another phone release update, there have been numerous rumours that a new Palm OS version of the Treo will be announced soon.

Here it is, the Palm Treo 680. Unofficially.

Now THIS one I've been anticipating for a long time now. Together with our small minority of local Treo users, we are just waiting for this long awaited upgrade. The Palm CEO Ed Colligan mentioned that more details will be launched in the coming weeks.

If you're reading this, and you think to yourself, what's the big deal about Palm? Well, its the kinda thing where you have to try it for yourself.... Palm brings on a new dimension in smartphones and their everyday uses for personal as well as business users. I'll try provide more updates on this in future, as well as "Why you should get a Palm" (in other words, my attempt to brainwash you)

On a separate note, a friend commented today, "It'll soon be your 8800's 1st week anniversary". I laughed at the fact that he's actually monitoring me. He said, "THIS one, I must keep track."

Well, I said it once, I'll say it again. This one's a keeper....

No comments: