Tuesday, September 19, 2006

2nd Chances

Its feels like ages since my last post. I had planned to upload my post last night, but it was a case of the mind being willing, but the flesh being weak. That's what you get for pushing yourself too hard at the gym. Its a great feeling though...

Anyways, its been an interesting start to the week. True enough, as anticipated, the Treo 650 I mentioned before, sold instantly. Showed it to the buyer, he had a look at it, tested it out, and confirmed. Simple. Another happy buyer and seller. Now THAT'S a great way to start a Monday.

My new toy will be arriving shortly. I really can't wait now.

I've had a few interesting reactions to my blog thus far. The one that causes the most reaction is "26 phones so far?!". I have to keep reminding them, "over a timespan of 6 years! C'mon! Its not that bad". Sigh. No one understands. Some people have watches they collect, some pens, some sunglasses... others handbags, shoes.... mine are mobiles. So what's the big deal? I don't make a fuss about anyone changing anything. I always tell them, at least its not cars, or worst still, girls... Geez...

But, having said that, with the new toy I'm expecting soon, its gonna be a keeper. (Of course no one believes me) I plan to create some sort of accountability from this blog to track the time I hold on to this phone. I haven't decided whether it'll be a weekly or monthly "anniversary" yet. (I did not include "yearly" as that would be phenomenal in my case). Who knows, maybe throw a party every time I cross a checkpoint. In any case, I'm determined for this one to be a keeper.

After all this talk about changing phones, you might be wondering what I'm using now.
Here it is: -

My cousin's trusty ol'Nokia 6680. Yes, its red. This is of course a temporary weapon of choice at the moment. I must say though, looking at the screen resolution and features, although armed with the aged series60 Symbian, it just seems rather outdated. (This one I KNOW I wouldn't last long with). But then, I AM comparing to the 3rd editions of s60 Symbian weapons like N80 and E61. In any case, I've used symbian from as far back as Nokia 7650, and to date, honestly, its developments are nothing much to shout about. I could, however, go on about what I really think the real killer Operating System is out there, but I may get alot of debates starting.
(Its Palm!)

ANYWAY, I'd like now to draw your attention to a link I created, on your right, to advertise what 2nd hand phones there are out there.

"d3x 2nd chances"

I am still tweaking this link/site so please bear with me. BUT, I do plan to update it regularly on what's available out there, and whether I'd recommend it or not. If time permits, or sellers permit, I'd like to try review them too. We'll see.

I'v aptly titled it something for everyone.... there always is. =)

1 comment:

Chel said...

Palm's number one! Palm's number one! =) can't wait for a qwerty Palm Os with NO antenna treo!!

Palm's number one! yay!!