Best of both worlds. Hard to decide when it comes down to it.
The HTC Desire HD (I still can't wait to get one)
- Beautiful form factor. (Who wouldn't want a 4.3" screen?)
- SRS and Dolby supported.
- Latest flagship for the Android camp.
- Updated HTC Sense UI
- Seamless integration with social media - You can view all your FaceBook, Twitter updates fused into your Address books. What a touch.
- A terrible battery life - one site claimed only 5 hours of usage.
- Insufficient Media capabilities (how do you fight against Apple's iPod features??)
- Some say a washed out screen resolution, when compared to the HTC Desire.
- Heavy? (I'm on the fence with this one. Seriously, how heavy is 164g?)
The Apple iPhone 4
- Its an iPhone. (Guess that says it all)
- Retina display. Having used one for a brief period of time. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The screen made everything look beautiful. Almost 3D popping out beautiful.
- Sleeker form factor, glass front and back (not necessarily a great plus point)
- Better camera capabilities (than the 3GS)
- I could go on here, but really, you DON'T know about the iPhone 4? You must have been born yesterday.
- Arguably, the iPhone 3GS would be good enough. It does everything the 4 can do, especially in terms of the new iOS 4.
- Glass body isn't quite smash-proof. But then, what phone is right?
- Must sync with iTunes for everything.
Its a tough choice.
Both cost SGD888 (or BND)(if you're gunning for the 16GB iPhone 4 that is), both offer the latest from both camps. It really does come down to this question; Which camp do you support?