Sunday, October 12, 2008

Resistance is futile: the Apple iPhone 3G

It wasn't long ago that gave in to the phenomenon of the world and decided to try out the first gen Apple iPhone, but not wanting the hassle of not-being-able-to-upgrade the "unlocked" iPhone, and the (many) limitations of it (then), I gave up after a while, vowing to never want to use it again.

Even when I heard about the new launch of the 3G version upgrade, or even the "ease" of upgrading the firmwares for all iPhones now, I didn't really flinch much. I had, afterall, decided not to use it again.

Until, after messing a a friend's iPhone, and seeing what it could NOW do, with the (endless) possibilities of the "officially unlocked" sets that Apple had unleashed to the world, on 11JUL08, I thought, why not give it another go?

Sourcing it from Singapore, I managed to get my hands on one without much hassle (through a friend returning from a short trip there). I didn't want to get one locally as the prices charged here were a bit exhuberant for my taste.

Its been a week of use so far, and my 1st (or 2nd, whichever you prefer) impressions?

I love it.

The Apple iPhone 3G.

There, I said it....

Here are some pictures I snapped of my Black, 16Gb version. Sexy.


Its been a while since I've done a proper review. (Blame my day-time job, whatever...)
But watch out for it.... this weekend. Same time, same blog...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club... I;ve been using my Iphone 3G for some time here in Brunei. Very good, handy and, apart from the issues with no having roads in Google Maps, the rest is a breeze. I have all the necessary info at ease. DST 3G is unusable at nights (as everyone is using the Go! Broadband service) and this still needs to be improved. 3G Iphone? a hell of a good device...