Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Buzzing this June 08

Its been a busy past few weeks for me. I STILL haven't even swapped my DST SIM card. Just no time to shoot off down to the local DST counters although, from what I hear, people have complained about unstable connections at certain areas. I guess I could wait a while more.

What I have done though is change phones (yet again). No more P1, then I had a brief encounter with the Nokia 3120 classic. Not a bad model I have to admit. Just BND2++ for a model that "does everything" WITH a front facing camera too. I HIGHLY recommend it if you are looking for a cheap 3G phone. (Ok, in the looks department, it doesn't impress but buyers probably won't be worried about how they "look" using this model anyway)


But alas, that didn't last long either. Now, I'm using a Nokia N70, a "spare" phone a good friend has loaned to me, till my target E71 is released/announced. I hope I can hang on.

Anyway, the latest models from all brands is keeping this month a buzzing. Beginning with...

HTC has launched a model called HTC Diamond.

Specs
  • 4GB of storage memory (no memory card slot though).
  • FM radio
  • A proprietary HTC mini-USB port
  • The highlight of the new HTC Touch 3D user interface will be the web capabilities - smart desktop-like rendering and superb touch navigation through web pages and hyperlinks.
  • Wi-Fi capabilities
  • Dual-band UMTS support plus HSDPA 7.2 Mbps.
Then comes our famous friends from Nokia, up to their usual antics as usual. Their latest offerings are the Nokia N78, the unofficial upgrade to the N73. (They sure look similar)


Specs
  • Candy bar form factor (sort of like a fusion between the N81 and N82)
  • 3.2 megapixel camera
  • The usual connectivity features - Wifi, bluetooth, HSDPA connectivity
  • 2.4" QVGA display
  • S60 3rd edition feature pack 2 OS - What is feature pack 2? Let's just say that the "Active standby" screen we are all familiar with? Its now gone through a revamp. You can choose how you want to see your "Active Standby"(!!). Don't believe me? Read here.

Then, there's the cool Sony Ericsson folk, releasing uber-cool models like these two below:
Sony Ericsson C902
Specs
  • The new look of their Cybershot series phones. This means, the days of the K-series (K800, K810, K850) are numbered. Move aside for the new Cybershot gang. (C = Cybershot)
  • Spec wise, typical of Sony Ericsson, with some tweaks in their user interface.
  • Read here for a more in depth review.

Sony Ericsson C702
Specs
  • A mid-range release similar to the C902. A better review here.
And last but not least, the fast evolving Samsung group has released a kicker of a PDA phone, the Samsung i780.
Specs
  • HSDPA, Wifi
  • FULL QWERTY keys
  • Large 2.55" 320x 320 pixel display
  • 2 mega pixel camera
  • Good preloaded software
I don't know about you but I can't wait to get my hands on these models! Will do a review as soon as I grab hold of one...

No comments: