Thursday, June 28, 2007

Everything changes....

This will be more of a personal post rather than a mobile phone related one. Someone commented to me not long ago my blog's becoming less personal and more mobile review-ish lately. I suppose its true. Gone are the days when I would post about how I feel about mobiles ringing in the cinemas or restaurants irritating the heck out of me. (They still do by the way!). I will argue though, that in all my past reviews, I have been trying to add a more personal hands-on touch to the mobiles, rather than just reading about them on any other site which can be easily found anyway.

Its a balance, and a challenge I suppose, with blogging. I'm constantly thinking of ways to make my reviews more interesting. BUT, in any case, I WILL try to bring back my blog to a more personal level beginning with this post.

In my silence of late, I've been busy exploring avenues for changing my alter-ego logo to a more personalised and "original" logo. Not that there have been any legal issues about sporting my identical likeness of Dexter's Laboratory on my blog don't worry. (Incidentally, when I first started this blog, it was pure luck I found one of him holding a mobile! Awesome right?).
Of course, having totally no skill (or interest) whatsoever in drawing my own designs, I then decided to enlist the services of a very creative cousin of mine, with an inborn talent for design artwork, to sort me out. So last week, I met up with him, told him what I had in mind ("Simple" was the keyword), asked him to check out my blog.... and then let him loose with his creative juices free to flow wherever he desired! After a week, he came out with 3 very simple designs for "d3xlabs". Here they are: -
My final choice has not been made as of yet, as we're still in discussion stages, but from the consensus of friends, it seems that the unanimous decision would be the last one, as it "really represents you", the common answer being given. And so, here we are, I'm now testing out my new "look" on my blog. It's a change for sure. Let me know if you have any comments ok?

Also, there is another change on my blog, for those who have noticed (certain critics have). My goals for 2007 have somewhat been altered! Yes yes, I admit, I've crumbled. The treo is no more, but only temporarily I must stress. (Obviously no one ever believes me) You see, I'm on a quest to obtain the highly elusive WHITE Treo 680. (If you follow Palm, you would know that their "coloured treos" are now only tied to their domestic carriers, with the "unlocked" editions (for the rest of the world) only being available in Graphite colour. Kinda sucks really. But, what choice do we have in Asia anyway right?) So I decided to let go of my Graphite version (to someone who would take care of it as I did) and use an alternative while my hunt for the Great White continues....

So what am I using now you might ask? None other than the recently (and not yet reviewed here).. Nokia e61i. I have to say, its been a joy using this upgraded-from-e61 version.
So, for my next review, I will add a slightly more personal touch for the e61i, rather than my usual in depth comparison as I've done on the other phones. (Mainly, the reason being, I spend much more time with this now than I would with a review unit). So, while I'm anxiously waiting to read about the arrival of the Apple iPhone and its reviews (in US on 29June), and also to get my hands on the long awaited launch of the Nokia E90 (in Brunei next week), I will keep myself busy working on this next review. Will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Nonnie King said...

Should put your own head instead of that round cartoon.

d3xlabs said...

What if I said it is? LOL.
Well, you're right I guess, but I'm stil exploring what other logos I can represent me.
Thanks for the tip tho. *grin*

Name said...

But it IS your head! The designer/artist cousin got your eyes spot on :p

d3xlabs said...

geez... thanks!
Maybe slightly more hair would do the trick though! LOL