Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Orange is the new Black

This will be a quick post. (I know I say that all the time, but it ends up being so long anyway)


Its been an adventure the past few days.... Nokia N95 released in all local shops since Monday, and most people I know have been pretty excited about it. As for the launch price, at the time of this post, I know that INCOMM Gadong is selling it at the lowest so far. BND1,288-00. Quite reasonable for a phone thats "got everything" AND a never-before-on-Nokia, a 5 mp camera. Of course, if you can afford one. I've yet to see it first hand before I make any judgements. A friend has just bought one today though, so you can be sure I will definitely look for him to get my "hands on" impressions soon!
AND, also!!! .... Like my new toy??

Yup, you better believe it. My Copper (orange) Treo 680! My buddy sourced it for me in Singapore, only 3 weeks old, and it arrived yesterday! Apparently, the (ex) owner bought it from the US, and didn't like the colour after using it. Too bright maybe? (And incidentally, he decided to sell it, and get the Arctic white 680 instead!) Just my luck! So I knew I had to jump on it!! Condition was perfect too! Its SUCH a rare find this side of Asia! In Brunei, I know of friends with the Arctic whites and Crimson reds, but no one's got a Copper orange yet! Ahhh, what a colour. I've always loved the colour orange. Its the new black.

Ok ok, some have argued with me today that I've broken one of my goals this year by changing a new phone. TECHNICALLY, I'm still using a Treo 680 alright? Its just the colour's that changed. So, my goal's still applicable. Argue all you like, but i'm STILL using a T-r-e-o-6-8-0.

In the coming week, I hope to get my hands on a Nokia 6300, e65 and N95 to review. And for those successful types, I'll try get my hands on the latest Sony Ericssons and Motorolas to review too. Will keep you posted.

6 comments:

Name said...

Orange is such a feminine color lah. I think you NEED to give it to me :P failing that - gimme your old treo!! Ok better yet get your cousin to get me a new one.

d3xlabs said...

hey ORANGE is NOT a feminine color! Besides, its unique. I think I'm the only one in Brunei with it. Amidst the sea of greys, whites and reds. LOL
Ok will twist BJK's arm to get u the Moto.>_<

Name said...

I'll happily take your old treo :p

Nonnie King said...

Don't worry, I have a guy friend who's in love with orange color too.

And WTF? You bought 2 similar phones just for the colour?

It's just like ladies buying 10 pairs of similar Ferragamo(s) but in different colours!

I didn't know guy has that fetish too.

d3xlabs said...

[blackdiamonds] I'll let you know. But there are like, 4 others waiting for me to release one. LOL

[Nonnie] ya lo, guys also hv our fetishes. I know of someone who has all 4 colours! Grey, white, red and orange!
U knw la, guys and their toys.

d3xlabs said...

[blackdiamonds] sorry, I'm back to my old treo. Tell u abt it later. *wink*