Monday, February 12, 2007

Background music

Just earlier on, I was watching the usual sunday-night CSI:NY, winding down my weekend, that always seem to just fly by every week. (Incidentally, CSI has featured the Treo in some of their episodes earlier. Y'see, even they know a quality product when they see one). And as usual, with Astro owning the (most irritating) ability to throw in advertisements oh-every-so-often throughout any show, there was one advert that caught my attention. (But then, all phone adverts do)

It starts out with a guy holding a phone in his room. He decides to walk out of his room and roam around the house. Oddly, wherever he walks in his house, a variety of artists (ranging from 50-cent, Michael Jackson, Black Eyed Peas, Avril Lavigne to name a few) all appear and seemingly try to get his attention, to no avail. (Of course, they're not the REAL artistes, just impersonators) Then finally he sits on his couch in the living room, and you see a whole CROWD of artistes just surrounding him, whilst he's still totally oblivious to their presences. He thinks hard while going through a list of artistes in his phone library .... *the suspense is intense by now* Then, he makes his selection......... ELVIS PRESLEY.

Suddenly, the whole crowd MOANS with disappointment and the attention focuses to the back of the room, and "ELVIS" suddenly jumps in joy and makes his way towards the guy on the couch. Immediately, he starts crooning his hit "Love me tender" while the guy talks on the phone to his girlfriend on the other side. The rest, just stand there watching. So Hilarious.

Ok, where am I going with this .... Then the punchline. This is (Malaysia) MAXIS HOTLINK's advert for a new feature they've launched..... BACKGROUND MUSIC! See here.

I was awed! Now you can select music to play in the background while you talk to your loved one????? DANG! Technology has really come so far!!!

Made me think back to my dating days (not THAT far back mind you). IF I wanted to have background music, I'd have to physically switch on my cd player, think of what song to play, tune it to the right volume, THEN settle down on the couch and make my call....
(I emphasize, this wasn't something I did on a regular basis ok?)(Honest...)

It just blew me away! I didn't even think it was even possible! Well, its here now, albeit in Malaysia!

Ok, in Brunei however, obviously this technology has not come to our shores yet (DST? B-mobile? Hello?), but I am willing to bet that it would be quite popular. For a while at least, like everything else. Especially now, with the Valentine's day season just around the corner. Imagine, you could call your girlfriend/boyfriend, with Michael Buble's "Come fly with me" playing in the background. (Then your conversation is sure to get all soppy and mushy... whispering sweet nothings etc etc etc)
(Hey, Jazz music brings out the romance in people ok?!. Don't believe me? Try it)


But just imagine though, it also means young teeny boppers could have their fav song playing in the background while chatting to their best friends (for hours)...... I doubt it'd benefit anyone else though. Seriously, you think anyone's gonna use it to talk to their parents, colleagues or even bosses??? I think not.

But anyways, try catch the advert if you can, and you'll see what I mean.

9 comments:

Name said...

Did you play music to set the mood or was it to muffle your conversation so you parents listening outside the door couldn't hear?

d3xlabs said...

haha.. i have no idea what you're talking about. Hey we were young... innocent... naive.... haahaha

gilliangel said...

Heh. Background music? Right.
Does Che Meng know you're writing about this?=)

d3xlabs said...

gilliangel! you're back!! Gd to hear from u, albeit thru a blog! Hw was ur trip?! Lots to catch up. I knw some1 misses u terribly!
And, no, che-Meng has no idea! =D

David Kelor said...

The content of the music you share is useful. And then I will also share a music related content. These are ringtones for the phone:
- Harry potter ringtones
- Rick and morty ringtones
- Evil morty ringtones
- Hello moto ringtones
- Lion king ringtones

You can also visit the website to hear and download ringtones for your phone:https://ringtonesmobile.net/

Write For Us Travel said...

It has been a like information.

FlixHQ said...

nice Music

Milialar said...

"milialar"
"milialar"
"milialar"
"milialar"
"milialar"
"milialar"
"milialar"
"milialar"
"milialar"
"milialar"

Cinetux said...

I love this blog thank you