Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's ReVolution

Happy New Year 2007 to all. The new year has come.... so soon. 2006 came and went, just like that. I still can't believe it. Christmas was here, then New year's eve (a quiet one at that. For me anyway) and now, its 2007.... as if nothing happened.

As with every beginning of a new year, resolutions are usually the first things on everyone's minds. It usually revolves around weight issues, diets, personal development objectives, financial gains or, in my case, something related to phones. Geez, I can't even remember what last year's resolutions were. All I remember is getting a Nokia 6681 (after selling off my Treo 650), and telling myself, THIS is the one I'll be using until the new Treo is out.

Yup, that's probably the last time I'll ever make ANY resolutions regarding phones. What's the point of depressing myself right? This is one lesson I've learnt for this new year. So far, I'm off on a good start.

Over the past few days, I've been taking note on what tasty morsels of models Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and Motorola are all releasing. Here's whats new for Jan'2007, in order: -
NOKIA - N95, Nokia 6086, Nokia 6300, Nokia 6290 and Nokia 2626.












SONY ERICSSON
- z310












SAMSUNG -
F300 Ultra Music, F500 Ultra Video and i600.

(yes, both the F300 and F500 look identical)







MOTOROLA - ROKR E6












I've included the links to Gsmarena for all the specs of these new releases, rather mention them (again) in my post. Judging from what I've read about them, they're nothing revolutionary, just evolutionary.

This month though, promises to see the N95 arriving on our shores. My take on it? Probably a carbon print of the N80, with the major difference being the 2way slider and the 5mp camera, a first for Nokia. Otherwise, just the same ol'stuff from the Finnish giants. *yawn*. Just a mention though, the Nokia 6300 looks somewhat interesting, Nokia's attempt in bringing out "slim" phones.

Otherwise, it looks like a boring start of the year for anyone planning to upgrade. Don't hold your breathe waiting for these models.

On the 2nd hand market though, there are a few models floating around.
Nokia - N80 Silver, Nokia 3250 Black and Nokia 6680
SE - w810i

Please email me if you're interested. All in good condition. Viewing also possible, subject to owner's discretion.

No comments: