Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cases for protection - revisited

Over lunch with some mates yesterday, one of them had a leather case for his Nokia e61 which caught my eye. (All this talk on cases lately left me rather "alert" on what else people are using out there for their smartphones). Needless to say, I asked to have a look.

In short, I was impressed. It was a nice fit for the e61. It did not add any extra size to the device like many other cases have the habit of doing. Inside, the e61 sits quite comfortably in place and there were a couple of extra pockets for SD cards and credit cards too. Outside, the soft leather flap covers the e61 well, with a little magnetic clasp that secures the e61 within. On the back, the clip used was very similar to the ones used with Vaja's. On the website (above), the price of this is about Euro 39.99. My mate did say it set him back about $110 door to door. Which works out together with the shipping costs. Not bad.

And sure enough, he also asked me to consider it for my Treo 750v too, but another mate there commented that I'm a more a Vaja guy. How true. But actually, I explained, that cost wise, Vaja's aren't that much more costly than this Noreve. Its just a matter of preference now isn't it? Argentinian or French, what's the difference? BUT, given that the Noreve case for 750v is almost identical to the one you see here, I knew it's just not for me. I'm not a fan of flaps 'n such. I like my cases straightforward with nothing obstructing the view from the main screen. Call me old fashioned, but hey, that's me.

BUT, I will reveal now, that I DID decide on spending a bit to invest in protecting my 750v asset.... a BLACK Vaja iVolution case for the 750v, without clip. Couldn't resist it. So, when I do get it in a couple of days, I'll post up some pics. (Note: Yes, its the same one you saw on my previous post. What a beauty!)

No comments: