Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Coming attractions

Over lunch today, my mates commented that its my 4th week with the 8800. Quite an achievement they keep applauding me.

Sarcasm.

Although, there was a technicality, as I was using a Nokia 6230i the past couple of days. Someone had asked me to sell it, so as part of my service, I did the usual road-testing thing, just to make sure its in working condition before I recommend it to anyone. (Yup, its working perfectly fine)

I'm back to my 8800 now. Missed it. You can really feel the difference between the two models, albeit both have the same softwares. Ah well...

Anyways, treonauts has just published the coming announcement of the worst-kept secret of the Palm Treo 680 on 12Oct06, in U.S, which means its tomorrow! Oh the joy of knowing there's an upgraded Palm OS treo out soon! Although, from the "rumoured" specs, as I mentioned before, the 680 seems to be no better than the current 650. Hey, with no antenna, improved cosmetic changes and an improved memory, thats a worthwhile upgrade to me! Just look at it! C'mon! What a beauty! Crikey! (respect to the Crocodile Hunter).

Well anyway, before i start jumping around, in any case, it's definitely one device I'm waiting for in the next few months.

There is another mobile out that is causing quite a reaction amongst many, especially at my workplace. The long awaited Sony Ericsson W850i!

One of SE's first slider phones. Coupled with their trusty 2mp camera and famous Sony walkman features, this one is probably going to be another top seller. Its retailed locally at about $758-00 or $715-00 from Singapore.

Its not a model I'd get, as I foresee it being very similar to the w810 I used to own once upon a time. Well, to each his own.

Speaking of SE though, during the same lunch with the mates, I played with the new SE k800 one of them owned. Decided to mess about with the camera feature and the "frame" shots. Amongst k800's selections were "frames" of an angel, an astronaut, an Elvis impersonator and a fluffy bunny. Yup, just imagine the amount of fun we had taking the piss out of each other.

Well, would you expect anyting less from a Sony Ericsson?

No comments: