Monday, December 18, 2006

My Palm Treo 680

A couple of months ago, I mentioned that I've switched from coffee to tea, mainly as an effort to be more health conscious. So far I've succeeded against that urge for a "java". There have been moments though, where the mere whiff of it drives me crazy, how much more to see others with their "shots". Self-control. BUT I'm glad I haven't cracked under pressure (yet).

Why has it been so difficult? I've been a coffee addict for many years now. It used to be my morning wake-me-up concoction, my afternoon break and my night relaxation choice of beverage. So you see, switching from it has been a challenge.

Ok, where am I going with all this boring talk you might ask....

Ok, I admit it. I've crumbled. I've had enough of tea (windows)!! I've now moved back to coffee (palm)!!! That's right, I've had enough of the dark side. Its been good, stable and all, but real boring I gotta admit. I needed to see the light! I need to go back to my first love... and boy did I miss her.

Let me introduce to you, my new long lost first love, the Palm OS (Treo 680!)

I just received it at noon today, with the kind help of a friend who just returned from a short trip in Singapore. Though she arrived at 1am this morning, I had to stop myself from physically going to pick it up from the airport. (I was close to doing that last night though) BUT, I decided to do the sensible thing and go during lunch today. I could hardly wait.

Unfortunately, Singapore, just like Malaysia and Australia (I checked) only has the graphite colour available. The other 3 colours have not been released to Asia yet. Not a problem, I think I much more prefer the graphite anyway. Because personally for me, the looks of the arctic, copper and crimson could fade away after a while. So I'm just playing safe.

Anyways, when I reached back to the office, I quickly snapped a picture of it before I allowed myself to rip the tight plastic wrapping off. And boy did it look good when I opened the box. Its exactly like what the millions of reviews I've read about it says. All in all, it sure feels good to be back to Palm.

Since I just got the Treo today, I will be messing about with my 680 the next couple of days.
A more detailed review will be posted soon.

Meanwhile, what did I do with my 750V you might be wondering. Well, lets just say, its proud new owner is real happy with it. Hey, thats this is the business isn't it?
But hey at LEAST I still have my vaja. So not all is lost.

No comments: