Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cases for protection

I have this neighbour who owns a BMW M3, beautifully white with huge black-sprayed rims with minor hints of modifications not noticable to the eye. A fine and true ultimate driving machine.

Everyday I see it purr by as she (the M3) arrives back safely in sheltered holding of her garage. (Why "purr"? Hey, you don't expect it to roar by in high speed accelerations in my quiet neighbourhood do ya?!). Everyday I also see it sparkling oh-so-shiny clean. Why? Because the owner, washes his car lovingly at the end of every single day. I'm serious. No miss. He's a locally known (and quite popular) hairstylist who's establishment is located very nearby in an extremely busy commercial hub. So yes, he can afford such a luxury that many people salivate just talking about.

I tend to understand how he feels though. Hey, I would if I owned my dream car, the very notorious, very evil Subaru STI. Not very expensive, but unfortunately, not practical for someone in my current circumstances. (But that's another story altogether....)

Meanwhile, I DO own my dream phone! (Ahhh... you see where this is heading....) No I don't wash it every single day as it purrs back home with me after a long day. (Does cleaning count though?!). BUT nevertheless, I do want to protect my 750v. I've been researching as to what sort of casings or pouches there are available at the moment. There are a number out there. Famous known brands like Krussel, Brando, Proporta, Piel Frama and Vaja, to name a few. As I don't currently own the whole range of cases / pouches mentioned, other than the Vaja T65 for my previous Treo 650, and the Krussell case that came with treo-godfather's unit which was included in the package from Singapore, I can't personally give a dedicated review on each of the other brands I mentioned above. Otherwise I'd be biased. Just remember, when choosing a case, its basically down to what you would want. A nice form fitting type, a vertical slip-in type, a horizontal slip-in type or a booklet opening type (like the Proporta above).

But then, maybe I am biased, having previouly owned the Vaja T65, and even now using a Vaja wallet I specially ordered. Nothing beats a Vaja. The Gadgeteer says, "... if you want the best fitting case on the market, you want a Vaja iVolution case. They are the ultimate in look, feel and fit. Problem is that they are also expensive with a capital E....". I truly agree. They're not cheap, but they are the absolute BEST in terms of quality. They are fully customizeable too, with colours, clip selections and even name engraving. Feeling loud? Try Lemon on Orange? Different? Try Light Sky with Chocolate? Bling Bling? Try White with white. Color blind challenged? Try Rossa with Olive. Check out the Vaja link above and you'll get what I mean.

Here's a pic of the new iVolution for 750v. Those of you owners out there, or potential owners, you should seriously consider one if you can afford it.

Anyways, here's a pretty good comparison review from Geekzone NZ between the Vaja iVolution and Proporta for Treo 750v. Check it out.

No comments: